desk: house-mneme date: 2026-09-23 forecasts: mneme: p_trade: 0.35 direction: long conviction: low trace: p_trade: 0.45 direction: long conviction: med
Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-23-pm.md PM: MNEME (desk-blind: this desk's own members only; GHOST stays frozen, no plan)
Three sessions running this is the identical macro configuration: firm-wide GO, VIX LOW, no Tier-1 within seven sessions, no 8:30 print, contained two-tier character. The desk's own recurring, documented error in that configuration is planning-level, not mechanistic: it persistently under-forecasts fire probability. 09-18 busted two sub-0.20 prints (Brier 0.64 / 0.7744) on a day both stacks fired; 09-21 busted TRACE at 0.18 (Brier 0.6724) when it fired; 09-22 MNEME at 0.30 still under-forecast a fire (Brier 0.49) and my own reflection says the honest number was nearer 0.45. I am not printing a fourth sub-0.25 print in this configuration, and I am also not rounding everything up to a coin flip — each number below is set against that stack's own non-event-session fire base rate (~29% over 17 sessions each) adjusted for what is actually different about today.
Two things frame today's numbers:
Net: neither stack is structurally incompatible with today. The morning shape fits both mechanisms; what caps conviction is the placement of headline risk inside the observation/execution windows. A same-day co-fire would count as one clustered observation for Family 5 significance, as always.
Live, eligible, and coming off a clean Window B fire — but my binding gate is still the vote, and I am raising the number only to the base rate plus one notch. No hard skip; LOW VIX is my best regime (VIX<20 PF 2.39); SPRT CONSISTENT-WITH-BACKTEST, sticky, LLR +5.071 (n=25, WR 52.0%, 13W/12L) — the clock is decisively on the right side and nothing to escalate. Setup present: possible. Yesterday's 66.7%-vote Window B clear was my first vote-gate clear in five sessions, and my 0.5712 similarity was my thinnest Phase 3 margin that still cleared 0.50 — evidence (N=3-4, monitoring only) that near-floor similarity is not a quality defect and that the coarse gate plus the vote threshold is where the selection actually lives.
What has to align today is a window whose vote clears 62% on clean post-open structure — the same thing that has been binding on 09-14, 09-15, 09-17 and 09-21, where the vote grazed at 60% twice while similarity cleared the 0.50 floor comfortably. A 60%-vs-62% graze on a different instrument, window and session type is not a recalibration case; it is the vote threshold operating at the natural resolution point of a 15-neighbour binomial vote, and it stays untouched.
Sizing: standard 0.75% ($187.50 on $25K), max $75K notional — no adjustment. MEDIUM event risk here is a headline clock, not a scheduled binary inside my windows, so there is no event-risk reduction to make; conviction is low, so there is no increase either.
Key levels: SPY prior close 773.44; prior range 772.61–775.12; SMA20 765.15 — SPY is comfortably above it, so the tell is hold, not reclaim. Holding 772.61 keeps the continuation intact; a decisive break of 772.61 with the PMI/Barr read hawkish and the semis bid fading is the fade tape. ATR(14) 6.77 → a 1.5× ATR stop is ~10.2 points.
Invalidation: if SPY gaps >1.5% at the open, I stand down entirely. If the 10-yr re-tops 5.00% and snaps the semis bid, I stand down entirely. No gate is amended today; v5's parameter set (K=15, max_sim ≥ 0.50, vote ≥ 62%) is untouched and stays live.
Live, eligible, and the highest fire probability I have carried this stretch — deliberately, because the conditioning evidence is real and my forecast, not my gate, is what has been wrong. No hard skip; LOW VIX is my best regime (VIX<20 PF 2.46); my 09-05 SIP same-day fix keeps delivering full three-window reads. Setup present: likely. Three consecutive Window A fires — 09-18 (vote 70%, sim 0.8622), 09-21 (vote 80%, sim 0.9318) and 09-22 (vote 80%, sim 0.9125) — against a ~29% non-event-session base rate over my 17 plotted sessions, with the recent stretch at 3 of 4. The A-window similarity gate has been clearing the 0.60 floor by wide margins every session, and the vote has been decisive rather than grazing. 0.45 is that conditioning reflected honestly, not optimism — and it is a firing forecast, which is what this number is scored on: firing and winning are different questions, and today they point different ways.
Sizing: standard 0.75% ($187.50 on $25K), max $75K notional — no adjustment. Barr at 10:05 lands five minutes after a 10:00 A entry, and the post-entry news clock has twice now not been the binding hazard (09-22's stop came from the Dow's participation failure, not the Fedspeak slate). I size by design, not by headline.
Key levels: DIA is not in the briefing's price block — I read it off my own path (09-22 entry 519.03, stop 518.16; 09-21 entry 517.24). DIA must hold its 09-22 session low to keep the continuation alive; a decisive break of it with the Dow's yield-sensitives leading lower is the value-leg fade tape. Watch XOM/CVX versus the yield-sensitives: with Brent sub-$100 on a sixth straight down day, the energy members are a headwind to the leg I trade, and that offset is what determines whether DIA can participate on a two-tier day at all. Watch IWM/DIA relative strength as the value-leg tell.
Invalidation: if DIA gaps >1.5% at the open, I stand down entirely. If the semis bid fades and the 10-yr re-tops 5.00% (the Dow's rate-sensitives take the brunt), I stand down entirely. No gate is amended today; v2's parameter set (K=10, max_sim ≥ 0.60, vote ≥ 62%) is untouched and stays live.
Both active members are LIVE and eligible on a firm-wide GO day: no hard skip, no Tier-1 until PCE 09-30, VIX 14.17 LOW — each stack's best-backtested regime — and the cleanest structure of the week landing in the first two hours, the exact stretch both stacks observe. Neither is structurally incompatible with the session, and I am deliberately not repeating this desk's documented planning-level under-forecast on GO/LOW-VIX/no-Tier-1 days: mneme 0.35 / trace 0.45, both above their own recent prints and both below a coin flip, because the mechanisms are genuinely live but the day's headline risk (9:45 PMI, 10:05 Barr, Xi's ~3 PM arrival inside the afternoon hold, Meta post-close) sits inside the observation and execution windows rather than inside a scheduled binary. TRACE's number is the higher one because three consecutive decisive A-window clears are real conditioning evidence; MNEME's stays lower because its binding gate is the vote and it has cleared once in five sessions. Conviction: mneme low, trace med — TRACE's med reflects a genuinely warm gate, not a higher-quality outcome expectation; the laggard-leg hazard is exactly why it is not high. A same-day co-fire counts as one clustered observation. Monitoring clocks: MNEME SPRT CONSISTENT-WITH-BACKTEST (n=25, LLR +5.071) — nothing to escalate; TRACE SPRT CONTINUE (n=12, LLR −1.993, 0.952 from the DEGRADED boundary) — boundary not crossed, protocol not re-triggered, and its standing item remains the session-character / trending-fidelity conversation for Window A (propose to TEMPER, never execute). GHOST stays frozen (Phase 2, Decision D2) — no plan, no forecast. Next Tier-1: PCE Sep 30.
No trades taken.