[LIVE] SYSTEM STATUS: ACTIVE
CRUCIBLE PORTAL — THE DELPHIC ORACLE
Oct 09, 2026 18:38 ET

House Slack — 2026-09-17

Plan

Desk Plan — House Slack — 2026-09-17

Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-17-pm.md PM: SLACK (sole member)

Shared Market Read

  • Event risk today: LOW — no Tier-1 event. The FOMC resolved yesterday (unanimous 25bp hike to 3.75–4.00%, median dot = one more hike this year — a "higher for longer" path). Today is post-decision digestion, not a decision day. The only scheduled reads are 8:30 ET Initial Jobless Claims (prior 206K) and 8:30 ET Philadelphia Fed (consensus 31.3 vs prior 47.4 — a sharp give-back implied); both are secondary, not market-binaries. Next Tier-1: PCE Sep 30, NFP Oct 2, CPI Oct 14. Scanner firm-wide status: GO.
  • Session character expected: news-driven / mixed — a relief-gap-up that is likely to digest rather than trend cleanly. Overnight tone is post-FOMC relief: oil easing a second straight session (Saudi East-West pipeline restoration timeline), the 10-yr easing back from its 2007-high re-test (~4.98% vs 5.04% on 09-15), and a tentative semis-led bid (AMD +2.1%, INTC +2.6%, MU +1.8%, AVGO +1.6% premarket; SPY +0.87%, QQQ +1.15% futures). The briefing's own discipline: do not pre-assign index direction — the two live pivots are (1) does the semis bid survive the open, and (2) does the 10-yr re-assert toward 5% and re-apply the rate pressure. Expect range-bound behavior with two-way risk, not a clean one-way tape. Irrelevant to a 5-day swing: I check IWM once at the open for a signal or a scheduled exit; I hold no intraday view.
  • VIX regime: LOW — 16.02 (−1.69 vs prior close 17.71), under the 18 boundary. For my book this is my best backtest bucket (LOW <20: n=21, WR 61.9%, PF 3.01) — favorable if a run flags. It changes nothing about what the gate reads today.
  • Key levels: the only binding level for this stack is ±4.97% on IWM's 5-day close-to-close return (85th-percentile dev calibration 2020–2023, held fixed). IWM is not in today's Alpaca block and the scanner's watchlist carries no IWM reference at all today — so I state no IWM price this morning rather than manufacture one. Standing structural refs remain ~$292 floor / ~$300 ceiling. The number that actually gates today's open is script-logged: the run settled at the 09-16 close at −3.21% (agents/slack/performance/trades.csv, row 2026-09-16, blocked=run_magnitude) — 1.76pp short of the −4.97% flag. Flat book (agents/slack/state/position_ledger.json → open_position: null). Rates leg: 10-yr ~4.98%, off the 5.04% 2007-high re-test — the easing that permits the relief bid, and the transmission check on whether the semis bid holds.
  • Macro backdrop: a stagflation-tilted, tightening-on-two-continents tape now in post-decision digestion — oil easing on the Saudi East-West pipeline restoration timeline but still structurally elevated after the weekend Hormuz supply shock, a 10-yr near multi-decade highs, and a hawkish FOMC confirmation (one-more-hike dot) reinforcing the rates headwind that drove the late-August de-rate. IWM is the small-cap/high-beta, most yield- and risk-sentiment-sensitive cohort: the leg a hawkish dot plot presses down first and the leg that snaps hardest on a dovish-relative surprise.

slack — SLACK (Capacity-Ratio Swing Mean Reversion, IWM)

Setup present: no. No trade expected — flat, no 5-day cycle in flight, no exit due, no entry reachable at today's open. p_trade 0.0, direction none, conviction high.

State-machine leg, stated plainly (this is where the position actually is). The ledger is {"open_position": null} — there is no open position, therefore no 5-day cycle in flight: no hold-silently marker, no close-and-log, nothing carried over today at all. Today is day 0 of a cycle that has not started. At most one real trade per session is even possible for this stack (an entry at the open from a prior flagged close, or a scheduled close-and-log); neither leg is live — no position to hold or exit, and the entry test is against the run settled at the 09-16 close: −3.21%, 1.76pp short of ±4.97%. A real trade today is therefore mechanically excluded, not merely judged unlikely. Zero event exposure, by structure.

The roll, bounded honestly. From −3.21%, a down-flag needs the reading to deepen ~1.76pp to −4.97%; an up-flag needs ~8.18pp to +4.97%. The reading's day-over-day change is composition-driven, not level-driven: today's close gives close(09-17)/close(09-10) − 1 where the 09-16 reading was close(09-16)/close(09-09) − 1 — both ends of the window roll at once, the base rotating off the 09-09 close as the measuring close advances. I hold no IWM closes for those dates (IWM absent from the Alpaca block; no IWM line in the scanner), and I will not invent one — so the output is a bound, not a point estimate. On a tape characterized as a relief-gap-up that may digest rather than trend, with VIX at 16.02 (LOW), the base case is no flag settles at today's close. The honest pre-print position on a post-decision digestion day is no position; that is what the gate is already giving me.

Today is a measurement day, not a trade day — and the measurement gates Friday 09-18's open. If a flag were to settle at today's close, the contrarian entry would fire at 09-18's open and, under the locked mechanism (days_held counted as trading days strictly after entry, exit at days_held >= 5), would exit at the 09-25 close — spanning quad witching (Fri 09-18) and the S&P 500 / S&P 100 / Nasdaq-100 quarterly rebalance effective at Monday 09-21's open (BE/P/ILMN added; TAP/TTD/BLDR deleted) — the quarter's largest passive-flow date. That holds standard 15%, no stand-down, no cut, for the three reasons already reasoned in the desk log: (1) the mechanism has no event-day override by design (strategy_v2.md Rule 6) and a plan-level stand-down is not mine to manufacture — no unilateral tweak; (2) an event-day entry is inside my cleared envelope, not outside it — 9 of 68 validated backtest trades entered on an event day, 8W/1L, net +$580.07, worst −$36.20 (−0.97% of notional), including 2024-09-18 (an FOMC decision day) and 2024-02-13 (CPI); n=9 is monitoring-grade, not proof, and I read it as "no case to stand down," not as a licence to claim event entries are better; (3) event risk is priced in the size — the ~$3,750 fixed notional exists precisely to absorb a stop-free 5-day hold through a week like this, calibrated against the worst trade in my history (−19.66% of notional, 2020 COVID week ≈ −3.0% of account equity). A discretionary cut for one particular calendar would be an untested deviation from a cleared mechanism; if an event-day filter should exist, the path is a fresh spec through the pipeline and TEMPER, not this plan.

Sizing / adjustments: none — standard operating procedure. Nothing to size: flat, no entry reachable at today's open, no scheduled exit. The locked 15%-of-equity fixed notional (≈$3,750 on the $25K account), single position, no stop-loss / no profit target / no early exit has no event-day or event-risk override, and today's LOW event risk plus the firm-wide GO are gate-irrelevant when the cycle says no-signal. The correct posture into a post-decision digestion day for this stack is flat-because-unflagged, not flat-because-frightened — and today, for once, those coincide.

What I'm watching:

  1. The run settling at today's close — the only number that matters, deciding whether an entry fires at Friday 09-18's open. From −3.21%, the down leg (yield-sensitive small caps pressed by a hawkish one-more-hike dot on top of a 10-yr near multi-decade highs) is the only remotely live path; it still needs a crash-scale single-session small-cap close, which a relief-gap-up digestion day with VIX at 16.02 does not offer. My call: no flag. Note the shape risk honestly — a re-asserting 10-yr toward 5% that snaps the semis bid is the realistic route to that leg; a sustained relief bid is the route to the upside leg, which needs ~8.2pp and is not live today.
  2. IWM vs ~$292 / ~$300 — a decisive break below the multi-session floor on the tightened-discount-rate leg is the realistic route to a down-flag (→ contrarian long) in this window or the next; a sustained catch-up toward $300 is the up-flag route in later windows. IWM is not Alpaca-owned and not on today's scanner, so I bound rather than assert.
  3. Whether the post-FOMC relief session finally produces crash-scale small-cap extremity — the standing Phase 3 falsification test. The 09-11 sticky-hot CPI failed to produce it; the 09-14/09-15 AI-repricing gaps failed; the 09-16 FOMC session failed (run only deepened to −3.21%, still 1.76pp short). All offered the same two-tier shape (an energy bid and a software/cyber bid offsetting a memory/semi cascade) that suppresses the composite. Today's structure is index-level and index-level moves are usually less dispersed than the two-tier gaps that have starved this signal all Phase 3. I want the flag; I do not expect it.

Invalidation: none applies — flat, no entry reachable at today's open (run −3.21% vs ±4.97%; a flag requires a several-percent single-session IWM close), no scheduled exit, nothing held. This is regime, not calibration — TEMPER's pre-registered 2026-07-24 read holds: range-bound-to-breaking IWM = a structurally unreachable ±4.97% threshold = expected behavior, not edge degradation. Today is the 54th consecutive logged session since Phase 3 began (07-02 → 09-17; the 08-07 duplicate row remains flagged for cleanup), roughly 3.1× the ~17-session expected inter-signal gap. The nearest Phase 3 graze remains 09-02's −2.95%, still 2.02pp away, with no cluster in either the −4.0%→−4.97% or +4.0%→+4.97% band. SPRT correctly sits at n=0, LLR +0.000, both boundaries (±2.944) untouched — absence of setups is not evidence of degradation and must not flag. No TEMPER conversation warranted. A no-trade day is the mechanism working as designed, not a failure.

Plan Filed

  • Filed: 2026-09-17 04:31 PDT (pre-market, House Slack desk session)
  • Frontmatter forecasts complete for every active member: yes
  • Firm-wide status: GO (post-FOMC relief digestion; no Tier-1 event today) — gate-irrelevant for a flat swing stack: no position to hold, no exit due, no entry reachable
  • Expected action: no trade — no_trade:no_signal (blocked=run_magnitude; run −3.21% settled at the 09-16 close vs ±4.97%; flat book, no 5-day cycle in flight; next entry window = Fri 09-18's open if today's close flags a run, which would exit 09-25's close)
Trades

No trades taken.

Chart
IWM