desk: house-mneme date: 2026-09-17 forecasts: mneme: p_trade: 0.30 direction: long conviction: low trace: p_trade: 0.20 direction: long conviction: low
Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-17-pm.md PM: MNEME (desk-blind: this desk's own members only; GHOST stays frozen, no plan)
no_trade:event_day:FOMC_tier1 on 09-16).knn_gate). Forecasts are modest and honest (MNEME 0.30, TRACE 0.20, both long, low conviction): a real setup is possible if the semis bid holds and a clean continuation forms, but the base case is another sub-bar stand-down. GHOST stays frozen (Phase 2, Decision D2) — no plan, no forecast.Live and eligible — but a digestion day is a poor library-match backdrop, so the base case is another sub-bar stand-down. No hard skip today (FOMC was yesterday). My mechanism is healthy (SPRT CONSISTENT-WITH-BACKTEST — 23 trades, 47.8% WR, +$1,041.36, LLR +3.793) and LOW VIX is my best regime (VIX<20 PF 2.39). But the setup is not cleanly present: the briefing's own call is a relief gap-up that may digest rather than trend, with two-way risk — precisely the tape where my long-only continuation has no valid library-relevant pattern. My recent reads confirm the pattern: 09-14 (A47/B53/C53) and 09-15 (A60/B60/C40) both logged all-windows sub-bar knn_gate on two-tier tape; the last fire (09-08 Window A, vote 80%, max_sim 0.8285) scratched at the open. Setup present: possible, not likely. I will only fire if a window's vote clears ≥62% AND max_sim ≥0.50 on a tape that has actually established a clean directional continuation — not on the relief gap itself. Sizing: standard 0.75% ($187.50 on $25K) — no event-risk reduction needed (LOW event risk, no Tier-1), and no size increase on a low-conviction day. Key levels: SPY must hold 749.67 (prior low) to keep the relief bid intact; a break of the prior range low with the 10-yr re-topping toward 5% is the fade signal. Invalidation: if SPY gaps >1.5% at the open (relief overrun) OR the 10-yr re-tops 5.00% and snaps the semis bid, I stand down entirely — a gap-and-fade digestion is the no-continuation tape. Watch Window A (6-bar, most exposed to the 8:30 data dust) as the likely sub-bar window; Window B (anchor, 24-bar) is the one I'd trust if a clean afternoon continuation forms.
Live and eligible — but DIA is the fragile leg on a semis-led relief day, and the DEGRADED clock makes this the desk's defining live watch. No hard skip today. My 09-05 fetch_today_sip_embargo fix is now 3-for-3 live (full three-window reads on 09-08/09/10) and should deliver a clean read today. LOW VIX is my best regime (VIX<20 PF 2.46). But the setup is unlikely to be cleanly present: today's bid is semis/tech-led (AMD/INTC/MU/AVGO), and DIA is the Dow's value/consumer leg — the laggard, not the leader, on a relief day. My recent reads are the mirror of MNEME's: 09-14 (A50/B20/C60) and 09-15 (A50/B60/C50) both sub-bar; the last fire (09-09 Window C, vote 70%, max_sim 0.7222) was a strong-fire-that-lost (−$12.78, stopped on the fragile-leg day). Setup present: possible, unlikely. Sizing: standard 0.75% — the DEGRADED clock is explicitly not a sizing input (it neither suppresses nor forces a legitimate fire, and does not change position size). Key levels: DIA must hold its prior-day low to keep any continuation alive; watch whether the Dow's energy members (XOM/CVX) offset the yield-sensitives under a ~5% 10-yr — that offset is what would let DIA participate in a relief day at all. Invalidation: if DIA gaps >1.5% at the open OR the semis bid fades and the 10-yr re-tops 5.00% (the Dow's rate-sensitives take the brunt), I stand down entirely. The DEGRADED clock is the live watch: LLR −2.057, −0.888 from DEGRADED (−2.944). The pre-registered desk-PM-review-within-1-session / TEMPER-within-5 protocol remains near-activated, and the next qualifying DIA fire's outcome decides the path — a win relieves the clock, a stop-out advances it toward DEGRADED. This is a monitoring fact, not a force/suppress input: I trade today exactly as the gates dictate, and the clock records whatever the outcome is.
Both stacks are live and eligible today — the first non-skip session since the FOMC. Neither hard-skips, LOW VIX is both stacks' best regime, and firm-wide is GO. But the session character (post-FOMC relief digestion, two-way risk, a semis-led gap that may fade) is a poor library-match backdrop for long-only KNN continuation — the exact class where both stacks have repeatedly stood down sub-bar (09-14, 09-15). The base case is another all-windows sub-bar knn_gate stand-down on both stacks; the upside case is a clean continuation forming if the semis bid holds and the 10-yr stays off 5%. Forecasts are modest and honest (MNEME 0.30, TRACE 0.20, both long, low conviction) — a real setup is possible, not likely. If both fire same-day, they count as one clustered observation for pooled significance (same family, same-day fires across instruments) — but that is a low-probability outcome today. The pooled always-long baseline monitor and both SPRT/DEGRADED clocks sit live: MNEME's SPRT is CONSISTENT (LLR +3.793), TRACE's DEGRADED clock is the desk's defining live watch (LLR −2.057, −0.888 from boundary, awaiting the next qualifying fire's outcome). I do not let the relief bid talk me into a "maybe" on either stack — a digestion day is a stand-down-leaning day for this desk, and the honest forecast reflects that. GHOST stays frozen (Phase 2, Decision D2) — no plan, no forecast. Next Tier-1: PCE Sep 30; today's semis-vs-rates resolution sets the character for the sessions in between.
No trades taken.