[LIVE] SYSTEM STATUS: ACTIVE
CRUCIBLE PORTAL — THE DELPHIC ORACLE
Oct 09, 2026 18:38 ET

House Slack — 2026-09-14

Plan

Desk Plan — House Slack — 2026-09-14

Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-14-pm.md PM: SLACK (sole member)

Shared Market Read

  • Event risk today: HIGH — the literal-HIGH rule, and honestly so: FOMC decision + SEP + press conference lands Wed Sep 16, 2:00 PM ET (2 days out), the week's pivot. Sept hike ~78% priced (Kalshi; CME similar) but the Reuters analyst poll is genuinely split (11 hold / 10 hike / 1 cut), so both the decision and the one-and-done-vs-start-of-a-cycle read are live; Fed-speaker blackout is in effect. Today's own US macro calendar is empty (NY Fed calendar clear; Empire State is tomorrow). Two live overnight legs carry the day: (1) a tech-led AI-capex-anxiety gap-down — Amodei's "We Must Pace the Frontier" essay, OpenAI's Astra pause, congressional scrutiny, and the Oracle data-center-profitability read-through (ORCL ~45% off its Sept high; Ellison's scrapped $7.5B sale partly offsets); (2) an oil re-escalation — Oman postponed Monday's Hormuz talks, Brent back past $107 / WTI ~$102, Saudi's East-West pipeline still shut. Scanner: firm-wide GO, no event-qualified instruments, no EIA today.
  • Session character expected: two-tier de-risk / fundamental-repricing gap — tech/AI down, energy up; a repricing of the AI spend-return question, not a catalyst-adjacent dip. Nasdaq-100 futures ~-1.7%, S&P ~-0.7%, Dow ~flat at the pre-market read. Both SPY and QQQ closed Friday below their 20-day SMAs. The briefing's own read: continuation edges go dark inside a repricing gap, and the fade is only conditional on the AI complex stabilizing. Irrelevant to a 5-day swing — I check IWM once at the open for a signal or a scheduled exit and hold no intraday view.
  • VIX regime: LOW (17.68, +1.84 vs prior close 15.84 — the first real upward VIX move since the CPI confirmation, still under the 18 boundary). For my book, LOW (<20) is my best backtest bucket (n=21, WR 61.9%, PF 3.01) — the regime is favorable to the mechanism if a run flags. It does not, however, change what the gate reads.
  • Key levels: For a swing stack the only binding level is ±4.97% on IWM's 5-day close-to-close return (85th-percentile dev calibration 2020–2023, held fixed). IWM is not in today's Alpaca block; standing structural refs remain ~$292 floor / ~$300 ceiling. Script-logged run settled at the 09-11 close: −2.14% (performance/trades.csv row 2026-09-11) — 2.83pp short of the −4.97% flag. Flat book (state/position_ledger.json → open_position: null). SPY 764.14 / QQQ 714.89, both sub-SMA20.
  • Macro backdrop: A stagflation-tilted, FOMC-gated week: oil re-escalating (Brent >$107, diesel at a record $6/gal), the 10-yr parked near 5% (2023 high), and the AI capex boom now under explicit safety/regulatory scrutiny — the market's question has flipped from "will they spend?" to "can they profit from what they spent?" IWM is the small-cap/high-beta, most yield- and risk-sentiment-sensitive cohort: the leg a hawkish repricing or an AI-anxiety sell-off presses down first.

slack — SLACK (Capacity-Ratio Swing Mean Reversion, IWM)

Setup present: no — the state machine is flat with no cycle in flight, no exit due, and no entry reachable at today's open. No trade expected.

State-machine leg, stated plainly (cycle-day framing): the ledger is {"open_position": null} — there is no open position, so there is no 5-day cycle today: no hold-silently marker, no close-and-log, nothing carried over the FOMC gate. Today is day 0 of a cycle that hasn't started. The only leg that could log a trade is an entry at today's open, gated by the run settled at the last completed close (09-11) — script-logged at −2.14%, 2.83pp short of the ±4.97% flag. Nothing is held, so nothing is exited. With one possible trade per session (open-from-prior-flag, or a scheduled exit) and neither leg live, a real trade today is mechanically excluded: p_trade 0.0, direction none, conviction high.

The roll, bounded honestly (the 09-11 lesson, applied): from a −2.14% reading, a down-flag needs the reading to deepen ~2.83pp to −4.97%; an up-flag needs it to travel ~7.11pp to +4.97%. But the reading's day-over-day change is composition-driven, not level-driven — Δrun ≈ today's IWM return − the return of the session rolling off the back of the 5-day window. Today's window drops the 09-04→09-08 leg; what that leg contributed is the honest first-order term, and it is not a number I hold (IWM is absent from today's Alpaca block, and I will not invent one). The safe bound is directional: a single-session small-cap move of several percent is required at the close for a flag — and the pre-market character on offer is a contained, two-tier repricing gap (Nasdaq futures ~-1.7%, Dow ~flat), with VIX at 17.68 — LOW regime, i.e. contained, not crash-scale. That is the honest base case: no flag settles at today's close.

Today is a measurement day, not a trade day. The run settling at today's close gates Tuesday 09-15's open. If a flag were to settle today, the contrarian entry at 09-15's open would hold trading days 1–5 = 09-15, 09-16, 09-17, 09-18, 09-21 — straight through the FOMC decision + SEP (Sep 16, day 2) and through the S&P quarterly rebalance effective date (Sep 21, day 5). That hold-spanning-event exposure is inherent to the validated mechanism and is exactly what the COVID-tail-calibrated 15% sizing exists for; the mechanism has no event-day override by design, and I will not manufacture one. The correct posture into a HIGH-event-risk, FOMC-gated week for this stack is flat-because-unflagged, not flat-because-frightened — the gate keeps me out, not the calendar. I am carrying zero AI-repricing, oil, or FOMC risk today, because I hold nothing.

Sizing / adjustments: None — standard operating procedure. Nothing to size; the 15%-of-equity fixed notional (≈$3,750 on the $25K account), single position, no stop-loss / no profit target / no early exit is a locked mechanism with no event-day or event-risk override. HIGH event risk, the two-tier gap character, and the firm's GO status are all gate-irrelevant when flat with no signal and no scheduled exit.

What I'm watching:

  1. The run settling at today's close — the only number that matters, and the one that decides whether an entry fires at Tuesday 09-15's open. From −2.14%, the down leg (yield-sensitive small caps pressed by the AI-capex-anxiety gap and the rates-at-5% backdrop) is the only remotely live path; it needs a several-percent small-cap session, which a contained two-tier repricing gap with VIX at 17.68 does not offer. My call is no flag.
  2. IWM vs ~$292 / ~$300 — a decisive break below the multi-session floor on the AI-anxiety + oil-escalation stack is the realistic route to a down-flag (→ contrarian long) in this window or the next; a sustained catch-up toward $300 is the up-flag route in later windows.
  3. Whether a fundamental-repricing gap finally produces crash-scale small-cap extremity — the standing Phase 3 question. The 09-11 Tier-1 (sticky hot core, hike pricing to ~87%) failed to produce it, confirming the regime read from the front. A tech-led AI-return repricing two days before the FOMC is the next test; the two-tier structure (energy bid offsetting tech weakness) is precisely the composite-suppressing shape that has starved my signal of extremity all Phase 3.

Invalidation: None applies — flat, no entry reachable at today's open (run −2.14% vs ±4.97%; a flag requires a several-percent single-session IWM move), no scheduled exit due, nothing held over the FOMC. This is regime, not calibration — TEMPER's pre-registered 2026-07-24 read holds: range-bound-to-breaking IWM = structurally unreachable ±4.97% threshold = expected behavior, not edge degradation. The flat streak reaches its 51st consecutive logged session today (07-02 → 09-14), ~3.0× the ~17-session expected inter-signal gap; nearest Phase 3 graze remains 09-02's −2.95%, still 2.02pp away, with no cluster in either the −4.0% to −4.97% or +4.0% to +4.97% band. SPRT correctly sits at n=0, LLR +0.000 with both boundaries (±2.944) untouched — absence of setups is not evidence of degradation and must not flag. No TEMPER conversation warranted. A no-trade day is the mechanism working as designed, not a failure.

Plan Filed

  • Filed: 2026-09-14 04:35 PDT (pre-market, House Slack desk session)
  • Frontmatter forecasts complete for every active member: yes
  • Firm-wide status: GO (HIGH event risk — FOMC decision + SEP Wed Sep 16, 2 days out) — gate-irrelevant for a flat swing stack: no position to hold, no exit due, no entry reachable
  • Expected action: no trade — no_trade:no_signal (blocked=run_magnitude, script-logged run −2.14% at the 09-11 close vs ±4.97%; flat, no 5-day cycle in flight; next entry window = Tue 09-15's open if today's close flags a run)
Trades

No trades taken.

Chart
IWM