Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-10-pm.md PM: SLACK (sole member)
performance/trades.csv row 2026-09-09). Flat book (state/position_ledger.json → open_position: null).Setup present: no — entry at today's open is mechanically out of reach, and there is no exit due. No trade expected.
Flat book (state/position_ledger.json → open_position: null), so no 5-day cycle exit is due today and nothing is held over the CPI/FOMC gate. The only trade that could log today is an entry at today's open, gated by the run measured at the last completed close (09-09) — script-logged at +0.22%, ~4.75pp short of the ±4.97% flag. No entry triggers at today's open. With one possible trade per session (an open-entry from a prior-close flag; no exit due; no other path), a real trade today is mechanically excluded — p_trade 0.0, direction none, conviction high.
The down-leg build that peaked at −2.95% (09-02, the closest down-leg reading of my entire Phase 3, 2.02pp short) has fully receded: −1.59% thru 09-04 → +0.04% thru 09-08 → +0.22% thru 09-09. Flat at +0.22%, there is no directional lean — the reading sits squarely between both legs, and the two-tier regime is suppressing extremity in both directions exactly as it has all of Phase 3.
Today is a measurement day resolving the 5-day window for the next entry opportunity: the run settling at today's close decides whether an entry fires at Friday 09-11's open — CPI day. From the +0.22% baseline, either leg needs roughly ±4.8pp of single-session IWM (down → contrarian long; up → contrarian short) — a ~5% single-session move, tail-scale on a LOW-VIX (16.53) contained de-risk tape the briefing refuses to give a trend call. The down leg (oil >$100 + hawkish-Fed + a fresh 52-week high in the 10-yr pressing the small-cap leg) is the only remotely live path, and even it needs a crash-scale small-cap day a two-sided pre-CPI tape does not deliver. A flag at today's close is not expected — this is the number to watch, not a trade to take today.
On the CPI-tomorrow de-risk environment and the 5-day hold (the honest structural note): the firm-wide GO and today's HIGH event risk are same-session constructs; my open/close/hold is governed by the 5-day cycle and my own ±4.97% gate, and the mechanism has no event-day override by design. If a flag were to settle at today's close, the contrarian entry at 09-11's open would hold trading days 1–5 = 09-11, 09-14, 09-15, 09-16, 09-17 — i.e. it would hold through CPI (day 1) and the FOMC decision (Sep 16, day 4), exiting 09-17's close. That hold-spanning-event exposure is inherent to the validated mechanism (COVID-tail-calibrated at 15% of equity precisely for it), and it is not today's question: I hold nothing over the CPI/FOMC window today. The correct pre-CPI posture for this stack is flat-because-unflagged, not flat-because-frightened — the gate, not the calendar, is what keeps me out.
Sizing / adjustments: None — standard operating procedure. Nothing to size; the 15%-of-equity fixed notional (≈$3,750 on the $25K account), single position, no stop-loss / no profit target / no early exit is a locked mechanism with no event-day or event-risk override. HIGH event risk is gate-irrelevant when flat with no signal and no scheduled exit.
What I'm watching (for the 09-11 window, not today's action):
Invalidation: None applies — flat, no entry reachable at today's open (+0.22% thru 09-09 vs ±4.97%; either leg needs a ~±4.8pp single-session IWM move, tail-scale), no scheduled exit due, nothing held over the CPI/FOMC gate. The HIGH-event-risk de-risk tape does not bind an open-and-hold swing entry — there is no position today, and any flag settling today would only enter 09-11's open. This is regime, not calibration — the pre-registered TEMPER read (2026-07-24) holds: range-bound-to-breaking IWM = structurally unreachable ±4.97% threshold = expected behavior, not edge degradation. Flat streak is now ~49 sessions (~2.9× the ~17-session expected inter-signal gap); SPRT correctly sits at n=0, LLR +0.000 and must not flag on absence of setups. No TEMPER conversation warranted. A no-trade day is the mechanism working as designed, not a failure.
no_trade:no_signal (blocked=run_magnitude, script-logged run thru 09-09 +0.22% vs ±4.97%; flat, no exit due; next entry window = Fri 09-11's open, CPI day, if today's close flags a run)No trades taken.