Plan
desk: house-mneme date: 2026-09-02 forecasts: mneme: p_trade: 0.25 direction: long conviction: low trace: p_trade: 0.10 direction: long conviction: low
Desk Plan — House Mneme — 2026-09-02
Briefing reference: /Users/dadbot/Desktop/ClaudeBod/projects/dadbrain/Analysis/briefings/2026-09-02-pm.md PM: MNEME
Shared Market Read
- Event risk today: MEDIUM — a live, unresolved US–Iran / Hormuz oil escalation, layered over a soft-but-benign macro-data morning, into an NFP week. Central Command struck Iranian rocket/mine-laying capability in the Strait of Hormuz; Iran warned it would prevent Gulf oil exports; a supertanker was struck. Oil is the leader (WTI mid-$90s, Brent ~$94.7), the bond selloff rolls on (yields rising), and the dollar is firm — gold and Bitcoin softer. Futures are lower (S&P ~-23, Nasdaq ~-166 implied) — gap-down bias, but sub-ATR contained: an escalation risk, not a crash. This is not a Tier-1 skip for either KNN stack (
is_event_day(tier_filter=2) does not fire on a geopolitical escalation or on ADP/Trade Balance/Factory Orders) — both stacks are technically live. Firm-wide status: GO, but a two-sided tape, not a clean-trend day. - Session character expected: event-driven / ranging / two-sided — NOT a clean trend. The briefing and watchlist are explicit: pre-market gap-down bias on the oil/rates risk-off, a 10 AM macro cross-current, and a live escalation clock that can override any data print. ADP (8:15) and Trade Balance (8:30) print pre-open; Factory Orders (10:00) and EIA crude (10:30) land directly on the Window A leg (10:00–12:00) for both stacks. Structure may not form cleanly until the dust settles after the 10 AM data. By the established coin-flip discipline I do NOT pre-assign broad-index direction — I weigh the oil-inflation/risk-off downside at least equal to any single-name defensive bid. This is now the fourth consecutive session in this geopolitical regime (08-31, 09-01, and today).
- VIX regime: 16.73 — LOW (<18), up +0.39. Both stacks' best backtested regime (MNEME VIX<20 PF 2.39; TRACE VIX<20 PF 2.46). Live and favorable, but the session character — not the regime — is again the binding input.
- Key levels: SPY prior close 761.63, prior range 759.49–764.67, SMA20 769.16 (SPY now well below its 20-day SMA — a decisive multi-session pullback from mid-August record), ATR(14) 5.23. QQQ prior close 707.65, below SMA20 717.95, ATR 8.33. Pre-market index prints are thin IEX — confirm the gap at the open. No DIA price block in today's briefing — confirm the gap at the open for framing only; TRACE's KNN gate governs.
- Macro backdrop: A live, escalated geopolitical oil-supply shock (Hormuz, supertankers struck) layered on an elevated-yield, hawkish-oil-Fed read, into a labor-heavy week culminating in NFP Sep 4 (in 2 days — the week's pivot, then the Labor Day long weekend). Energy and defensive/quality value are the clear bid; rate-sensitive growth/AI is the soft leg. CPI Sep 11 and FOMC Sep 16 follow.
- Desk-wide call — LIVE, GO, but structurally compromised for both stacks by the session character, NOT by an event window. There is no hard-skip catalyst today — the constraint is the character: a two-sided geopolitical tape with the 10 AM data cross-current landing directly on both stacks' Window A leg. Both stacks remain technically capable and live, but both are best-read as no-trade-expected-but-not-immune. I am explicitly not pre-assigning direction, and I keep each stack separately reasoned as the pool requires. The desk's headline operational finding carries forward and now dominates TRACE's read: the all-window data blank has persisted a third consecutive session.
MNEME — SPY KNN (p_trade 0.25, long, low)
No trade is the base case, but the mechanism is live and can fire — this is again a session-character compromise, not a clean stand-down. My mechanism is running healthy: SPRT CONSISTENT-WITH-BACKTEST, 22 trades, 50.0% WR, +$1,041.36, LLR +4.063. Yesterday (09-01) I forecast 0.25 and did not trade — no window cleared the 62% vote bar (A 60%, B 53%, C 60% — all sub-bar on a down day). Today is the same two-sided geopolitical character, with the slide continuing (SPY now ~7.5 pts below its 20-day SMA) and the 10 AM data cross-current on my Window A leg. My edge is a clean trending continuation; a long-only KNN on a sliding, two-sided, no-clean-trend tape in LOW VIX is exactly where I correctly decline rather than force. I forecast 0.25, long, low — holding last session's level, because the mechanism stays healthy and capable (it has fired at low plan confidence all month), while the character argues against a clean continuation.
- Setup present: possible, not likely. The mechanism is healthy and the regime is favorable, but the session character is a two-sided geopolitical coin-flip plus a 10 AM macro print landing on the entry leg. The oil-inflation/risk-off downside must be weighed at least equal to any single-name defensive bid. I forecast 0.25, long, low — below a clean GO day, honest rather than hedged.
- Sizing vs. event risk: standard 0.75% ($187.50) IF a decisive window fires; no size reduction, explicit window discipline. My hard-flat mechanics and 1.5× ATR stop are my risk control. The operative read is which window: Window A (enters 10:00) now carries both the 10:00 Factory Orders print and the 10:30 EIA crude release inside its 10:00–12:00 predict leg — a first-hour data repaint can deny follow-through before the leg completes, so I treat A as data-cross-current-riskier today; Window B (enters 12:00) sits after the data settles and is the cleaner candidate if a decisive continuation forms on full data; Window C stays flagged/off on a two-sided day. If a decisive window fires on full data, I take it at standard size.
- Session-character fit: poor-to-fair. A live bilateral geopolitical tape plus a 10 AM macro cross-current on the entry leg is not my natural habitat; a clean trending continuation is unlikely today. The risk-off/downside tail is the standing hazard.
- Key levels: SPY prior close 761.63, prior range 759.49–764.67, SMA20 769.16, ATR 5.23 frames the 1.5× stop. A reclaim toward SMA20 769.16 = resilient precondition; a down-reprice through prior-range low 759.49 toward the risk-off resolve is the downside case.
- Invalidation / stand-down: Absolute — if oil-shock risk-off drives SPY >1% (~5+ pts) down-reprice at the open and/or VIX pushes >18, I sit out the AM. More operative today: if SPY loses prior-range low 759.49 on a risk-off reprice and two-tier divergence widens (growth/tech soft while energy/defense holds), I stand down rather than force a continuation on the broad leg. I will not take a Window A signal that depends on the 10:00 Factory Orders / 10:30 EIA prints to resolve in my favor — if the data lands at/inside the entry leg and the tape repaints, the KNN similarity read on a repainted leg is not trustworthy. I will not take a Window C signal on a two-sided geopolitical day.
- What I'm watching to learn: (1) Whether the oil/rates risk-off resolves into a clean one-way move or stays two-sided choppy through the morning — the continuation-vs-churn read; (2) whether the 10 AM data (Factory Orders 10:00, EIA 10:30) repaints the morning and denies a clean A continuation — data-cross-current confirmation; (3) whether any decisive continuation that fires holds its leg rather than reversing on a de-escalation or further-escalation headline.
TRACE — DIA KNN (p_trade 0.10, long, low)
No trade is the base case — and today the DEGRADED-clock and the data-observability block are both live and binding, on top of the wrong session character. I stand at SPRT CONTINUE, LLR −1.703, only −1.241 from DEGRADED (−2.944), after an 8-trade Phase 3 run (12.5% WR, −$349.21). My highest-priority open item — the oscillating B/C observability — has now delivered all-blank (A/B/C no_data) on THREE consecutive sessions (08-28, 08-31, AND 09-01): the engine could not even attempt a signal on any of the last three. This is no longer intermittent — it is a persistent operational failure, an ASSAY hand-off, not a calibration question, and it means a qualifying fire today is contingent on the data path delivering at all — a real, present, and now-patterned uncertainty. On top of that, today's two-sided geopolitical tape is the wrong character for a clean DIA continuation, and DIA has no price block in today's briefing to anchor anything. I forecast 0.10, long, low — holding last session's level, because the engine has shown it can fire a decisive window at low plan confidence (08-27's C fire) when data actually delivers; the only reason it is not zero is that small non-zero possibility.
- Setup present: unlikely — structurally blocked by two compounding factors plus a persistent data-path failure. (1) The DEGRADED-clock: I am 1.241 from the pre-registered DEGRADED boundary (−2.944); any qualifying trade that logs a loss is a material step toward the desk-PM review → TEMPER path. This is the binding risk, not position size. (2) The session character: a two-sided geopolitical tape with a 10 AM data cross-current is not a clean DIA continuation day; I do not pre-assign direction. (3) The data path has blanked all-window on THREE consecutive sessions — 08-28, 08-31, 09-01 — the persistent-observability finding. I forecast 0.10, long, low — honest, not hedged.
- Sizing vs. event risk: standard 0.75% ($187.50) IF a decisive window fires — but the DEGRADED-clock is the binding risk, not position size. If a decisive window fires on full data, standard size is the plan; the hazard is that it logs as a loss and advances toward DEGRADED, not the dollar amount. I do not force a signal to avoid the tax, and I do not suppress a genuine signal to protect the clock — I report honestly either way. Zero exposure remains the base case.
- Session-character fit: poor. A two-sided geopolitical tape is not a clean DIA continuation. The window most plausibly firing is C (the flagged lowest-trust window, as on 08-27) or a post-data B — but the character argues against a clean continuation regardless, and both depend on data delivering.
- Key levels: No DIA price block in today's briefing (not Alpaca-owned today) — confirm the gap at the open for framing only. Prior Phase 3 band ~$515–535. No meaningful level triggers a fire; the KNN gate (max_sim ≥0.60, vote ≥62%) governs.
- Invalidation / stand-down: Absolute — if DIA gaps >1% at the open and VIX >18, I sit out the AM. Beyond that, today's stand-down is structural: I do not force a continuation on a live two-sided geopolitical tape. If the oil shock triggers a >1% reprice, I stand down rather than enter into the aftermath. Data-path watch: if B/C go
no_data again (a fourth consecutive all-blank), that confirms the observability item as persistently operational — an escalation of the ASSAY hand-off, not a signal, and it makes a qualifying fire today effectively impossible. - What I'm watching to learn: (1) Whether the data path delivers full B/C today — the persistent-observability test after three straight all-blank sessions; (2) whether any decisive A-vote read breaks the sub-bar base rate on a geopolitical day, or whether the character denies a continuation fingerprint; (3) the DEGRADED-clock trajectory — if a qualifying fire logs a loss, that is the material step toward the pre-registered TEMPER conversation.
Pooled note (Family 5)
Today is a live, GO, MEDIUM-event day with NO scheduled Tier-1 catalyst — the constraint is the character: a two-sided geopolitical tape (US–Iran / Hormuz, Brent ~$94.7, WTI mid-$90s) with a 10 AM data cross-current (Factory Orders 10:00, EIA crude 10:30) landing directly on both stacks' Window A leg. Both stacks forecast long-only (the mechanism's only direction), and both are no-trade-expected-but-not-immune: MNEME 0.25 (low, SPRT CONSISTENT +$1,041 healthy but wrong-character + 10 AM data on the Window A leg; SPY now ~7.5 pts below SMA20), TRACE 0.10 (low, DEGRADED-clock live −1.241 from boundary + data observability all-blank 3 consecutive). I am explicitly not pre-assigning broad-index direction — the oil-inflation/risk-off downside is weighed at least equal to any single-name defensive bid, per the coin-flip discipline. The desk's headline finding is TRACE's data observability: an all-window blank on THREE straight sessions (08-28, 08-31, 09-01) is a persistent operational failure — the ASSAY hand-off is the desk's top open item, escalated from "intermittent" to "persistent." Same-day co-fire risk is low (both low probability), and per the pool any same-day fire counts as one clustered observation. Each stack sizes independently at standard 0.75% if it fires. GHOST stays frozen (Phase 2, Decision D2) — no plan, no forecast. The session's spine is the escalation: a de-escalation headline would reverse the oil bid as fast as the strikes started it, while a further-escalation headline risks a wider risk-off — the two most likely sources of a clean one-way move either way. Direction remains unknown until the tape and the 10 AM data resolve.
Plan Filed
- Filed: 2026-09-02 04:30 PT (pre-open — briefing 07:00 ET, watchlist 07:20 ET, both authoritative)
- Frontmatter forecasts complete for every active member: yes
- GHOST: FROZEN (Phase 2) — not planned for
- Firm-wide status: GO — no Tier-1 today (ADP/Trade Balance/Factory Orders are not Tier-1; the escalation is geopolitical, not a scheduled macro skip). MEDIUM event risk, VIX 16.73 LOW. MNEME: 0.25 long low — no-trade base case, healthy mechanism but two-sided character + 10 AM data on the Window A leg; watch SPY 759.49/769.16 and whether the 10 AM prints repaint the morning. TRACE: 0.10 long low — DEGRADED-clock live (−1.241 from boundary) + data observability all-blank 3 consecutive; watch data delivery and the DEGRADED trajectory. Next Tier-1: NFP Sep 4.